Diet tips that may help prevent kidney stones.
Kidney stones are extremely painful. If you’ve had them, consider making dietary changes.
Sergey Kalitenko MD’s suggestions:
- Increase your intake of fiber-rich foods, like flaxseeds and apples, and complex carbohydrates like potatoes and leafy green vegetables.
- Add foods that are rich in magnesium and low in calcium, like buckwheat, brown rice, avocado, banana, coconut, cashew and potatoes.
- Drink plenty of water—six to eight glasses a day.
- AVOID foods that contain oxylate: spinach, parsley, rhubarb, cranberry, nuts, black tea and cocoa.
- Increase consumption of citrus fruits, which alkalize your urine.
- AVOID simple carbohydrates like candy, soft drinks and cookies.
- AVOID dairy products.
- Consider going vegetarian!
Call for an appointment now
(516) 467 0253
(718) 382 9200