Often patients come into my office and tell me that it was just impossible for them to have sex with their partners anymore. It is either pain caused by vaginal dryness, that was making it so terrible, or such severe back-pain, that they couldn’t stand it anymore. Initially, they usually tell me, they put up with it for their mate’s sake. They do not want their partners to think that it was anything that their partners are doing.
Eventually, they started avoiding intimacy, or coming up with excuses to not have it. They tell their mates the truth and tried various positions, but eventually they get turned off at always being hurting their partners. And they do not enjoy intimacy any more. Such patients are desperate.
Back pain is a very big issue for women when it comes to intimacy. Many women with hormonal imbalances complain of generalized pains, at least 80 percent of them. When a woman lays down, the constant movement and tension during love making is very painful and she cannot perform. A woman who is post-menopausal or has had an accident with back pain as a symptom, can put her totally out of business and make her partner crazy.
Another reason for pain during intimacy is vaginal dryness. With age a woman's estrogen level goes down, making her vagina dry. This is very uncomfortable for both the man and the woman. Sometimes endometriosis (a condition in which the tissue that behaves like the cells lining the uterus (endometrium) grows in other areas of the body, causing pain, irregular bleeding, and possible infertility.) can cause severe pain during intimacy. The pain can be so severe, that it can ruin any relationship.
So, what is the solution?
- First of all, the hormones should be balanced, because it will truly reduce the pain and brings comfort. For vaginal dryness estriol vaginal cream works very well. Long foreplay is also important.
- Another approach is to reduce the inflammation in your spine or joints, which is what causes the pain. The easiest way to do it -- lose weight. Sometimes you cannot do it without hormone balancing.
- Position is important too.
Two positions are known to help women who have back pain during sex:
- Woman on top. The movements here are minimized and pressure on the back is relieved.
- More ferarum (most commonly known as doggie style in America). This position takes all the pressure off the back and relieves back pain, as the woman is on her hands and knees.
Now what about you?
- Do you have pain during intimacy?
- Is it vaginal dryness?
- Back or joint pain?
Back pain can ruin your sex life and a bad sex life can ruin a relationship.
You may also find interesting: